Installation Guide for RTP-300
If you have SPA-2100 or SPA-2102 JoiPhone adapter please (Click Here)
Step 1: Network Installation Instructions
A. Please Check to Make Sure That You Have the Following Package Contents:
1. JoiPhone Adapter (RTP-300)
2. Two(2) RJ-45 Ethernet Cable
3. JoiPhone Adapter Quick Start Guide (QSG)
4. JoiPhone 12 Volt Power Adapter
5. 911 Warning Label (Please place label on or near equipment used in conjunction with the JoiPhone service)
Note: If you are missing any of these components Please Contact Us:
Support@JoiPhone.com or www.JoiPhone.com
RJ-45 Ethernet Cable
12 Volt Power Adapter
Quick Start Guide
911 Warning Label
B. You Will Also Need:
1. Regular Touch Tone Telephones
2. Cable or DSL Modem
C. Instructions for customers without a router (common setup):
1. Power down all the devices you will be networking: Cable or DSL modem, Computer (PC), JoiPhone Adapter.
2. Take the Ethernet Cable (coming from your Cable or DSL modem) off your Computer (PC) Ethernet Port and connect it to the “Blue INTERNET” Port on the JoiPhone Adapter, the JoiPhone Adapter is now connected to your Cable or DSL modem Ethernet Port (see PICTURE 1).
3. Connect the Ethernet Cable (provided/supplied) between the JoiPhone Adapter’s “Yellow ETHERNET” Port and your Computer (PC) Ethernet Port The JoiPhone Adapter is now connected between your Cable or DSL modem and your Computer (PC).
Connection Instructions for customers that have Local Area or Home Network Switch/Router or Firewall devices:
1. Power down all devices (Cable/DSL modem, all network devices, Computer (PC).
2. Connect your Internet source (T1, Cable/DSL modem or others) to the JoiPhone Adapter’s “Blue INTERNET” Port.
3. Connect Ethernet cable from one of the the JoiPhone Adapter’s “Yellow ETHERNET” Port to your router or firewall).
Note: The JoiPhone Adapter should always be placed between any Internet source and your network devices.
Step 2: Telephone Installation
From the Rear of the JoiPhone Adapter:
1. Insert a standard (RJ-11) telephone cable into the “Green” JoiPhone Adapter PHONE 1 Port.
2. Connect the other end of the cable to a regular telephone.
3. If you have purchased an additional line (two line service) please connect a standard telephone cable into the “Green” JoiPhone Adapter PHONE 2 Port.
Note: If you have one telephone line with your JoiPhone service ALWAYS use the PHONE 1 Port.
4. Connect the other end of the cable to a regular telephone.
Note: Do not connect (RJ-11) telephone cable from the JoiPhone Adapter to the wall jack to prevent any chance of connection to the circuit switched telco network.
Step 3: Power Up:
Power up all devices in this order:
1. Power up your Cable/DSL modem and wait until all applicable lights come up. It may take a few minutes.
2. Power up the JoiPhone Adapter (you must use the supplied power adapter, otherwise you will damage the JoiPhone adapter) and wait for the light to come on.
(For customers having home network/firewall/router please power those up and wait for all applicable lights to come on)
3. Power up your Computer (PC). After the computer starts up, check if you can access the Internet and can connect to www.JoiPhone.com or any other web pages.
Do you get your high-speed Internet through a cable or DSL Provider?
Step 4: Final step:
Cable Modem Users (Click Here)
DSL Modem Users (Click Here)
For Cable Modem Users
First, as mentioned in Step C1, be sure your modem has been powered down for at least 10 minutes. If turned off for a shorter period of time, your modem might still "remember" old information that will prevent it from working properly. If your DSL modem has a built in battery insure to take out the battery.
If this does not work, you may need to register the RTP300 Router with your ISP. Please contact them to update your information. You will need to provide them with the WAN MAC registration number found on the bottom of the RTP300 Router.
For DSL Modem Users
You may need to configure PPPoE to work with the RTP300 Router. This sounds complicated, but it can completed in just a few easy steps. Here's what to do:
Open your Web browser on your computer. Enter http://192.168.15.1 (the RTP300 Router's default IP Address) in the address field on your browser and hit the ENTER key.
A screen with fields for your username and password will appear. Enter "admin" in both fields for now (you should set a new password later using the Administration tab's Management screen). Then click OK.
Click on the SETUP tab and select "PPPoE" as your Internet Connection Type.
Enter the username, password and service name (if required) provided by your ISP. This is the same info you enter every time you log in.
Select KEEP ALIVE.
Click the SAVE SETTINGS button.
Click the STATUS tab and then the ROUTER tab.
Click the CONNECT button to start the Internet connection.
Check for internet access
Congratulation! You should now have dial tone and can start your JoiPhone service.