1. What is JoiPhone? [top]
JoiPhone is a telephone service that uses any broadband Internet connection to send and receive telephone calls-and save you money. You use your regular home phone and call just like you do now. Quality is excellent, and savings are significant, especially for anyone who makes lots of long-distance telephone calls. Plus, all the extra calling features you would want are included free.
2. What is Digital phone service? [top]
Digital Phone service is a great new way to make and receive phone calls using your broadband Internet connection instead of your standard phone line. JoiPhone converts your phone calls into data and sends it through your high-speed Internet connection just like email.
It comes out the other end just like a regular phone call. Your callers will never know that it's any different since it sounds just like a regular phone call. JoiPhone uses the very latest IP technology to deliver excellent sound quality, reliability, and extra calling features.
3. What do I need to use JoiPhone? [top]
All you will need is a Regular Telephone and DSL/Cable Modem Broadband connection, Joiphone will supply the rest of the equipment.
4. Will my Dial-Up connection work with JoiPhone? [top]
JoiPhone will not work with Dial-Up Connection. JoiPhone uses Broadband Internet connection.
5. Can I use my regular phone service if I sign up for JoiPhone? [top]
Your regular phone service is not affected by JoiPhone. JoiPhone operates through your broadband connection and does not interfere with your regular phone service.
6. Do I have to speak through my computer to use your service? [top]
There is no need. JoiPhone operates without the use of the computer. The only thing you will need is a broadband connection via Cable or DSL.
7. Can I use my existing telephone, or will I have to buy all new equipment? [top]
You can use JoiPhone with your regular home phone. No new equipment needs to
8. Can I use my computer and talk on the phone at the same time? [top]
Joiphone works without the need of the computer, so you can make and receive calls while surfing the web.
9. Do I have to have a Broadband Connection to use JoiPhone? [top]
DSL or Cable Broadband is required. You have to have high-speed connection to use JoiPhone.
10. What is the quality of the calls like? [top]
Excellent. You can expect sound quality comparable to your regular home phone service.
11. What do I need to do to transfer my number to JoiPhone? [top]
1. JoiPhone offers free number porting. You can keep the same phone number you have today, and move it to JoiPhone.
2. We can transfer most phone numbers in 10 days, but in some cases it can take up to 4 weeks. We will provide you with a temporary phone number (which you will choose during your Sign Up Process).
3. Some phone companies are requiring that you provide other information and or that you fill out a specific form (in condition to release your number to us) we will notify you accordingly and will send you such form or the need for more information if required.
4. Once your line is successfully moved to us we will notify you. Untill that time you will have to have your current phone service active.
After you sign up, (Click Here) to start the porting process.